Why do we want to have these championships?
To encourage club members to enter some events where they know there will be other F&C AC members there to encourage them/run with them
• To run an event when you are part of a team
• To add some purpose to your regular training
• To show the local running world who we are and what we do
• To support other clubs who host events like they support our 1/2M and 10km races
• Most importantly have some fun doing them
You can view the list of road races HERE and the trail races HERE.
Please note that at the time of posting some dates are To Be Announced / Confirmed (TBA / C)
• Events start in May and run through to the end of December 2022
• For 2022 we have reduced the number of events you need to run to qualify from 5 to 4
• There are 10 road races and trail races to choose from – you need to complete at least 4 in each championship that you are going for (your best 4 count) – awards to 1-3 at the end of the season.
• Points are based on the finish position of F&CAC runners taking part plus an age grading E.G. if 6 x F&CAC runners take part – 1st home will get 1 point, 2nd home will get 2 points etc.
• Age grading (Men) Senior +5, vet 40 +4, vet 50 +3, vet 60 +2, vet 70 plus +1
• Age grading (Women) Senior +5, vet 35 +4, vet 40 +3, vet 50 +2, vet 60 plus +1
• Example – A V40 male, 1st home for F&C AC will get 5 pts, a V50 female 2nd home for F&C AC will get 4 pts
• Separate Champs scoring for men and ladies.
• The lowest score from 4 races at the end of the season will win the award
• You must be a first claim club member to be eligible
• Tom will keep records for the Road Champs and Bob for The Trail Champs – remember if you want a particular marathon to be counted, please let Tom/Bob or Penny know.