Destination-Basingstoke Junior (DBJ) Cross Country League
DBJ league was established in 2017 by Andover , Basingstoke and Mid Hampshire and Fleet & Crookham AC. With the intention to encouraging participation in athletics and giving competition experience for athletes in the U9 (normal age for school year 3 minimum) to U15 (normal age for school year 10) age categories.
There will be 4 matches over the season, on Sunday afternoon starting at 1.15pm and not coinciding with Hampshire Cross Country League weekends. Where required the matches can be moved to start in the morning with the first race going off at 11am.
- Match 1 – 3rd November
- Match 2 – 8th December
- Match 3 – 2nd February
- Match 4 – 8th March
Venues to be confirmed
Timetable for 2019-20:
- Under 9 Girls 1.15 pm 1400 m approx
- Under 9 Boys 1.25 pm 1400 m approx
- Under 11 Girls 1.35 pm 2200 m approx
- Under 11 Boys 1.50 pm 2200 m approx
- Under 13 Girls 2.05 pm 3000 m approx
- Under 13 Boys 2.20 pm 3000 m approx
- Under 15 Girls & Boys 2.35 pm 4000 m approx
- U15 age group combined but scored by gender
- If more than 15 per gender or 40 in total, then may be run as separate races.
- Under 17s can run as guests in the U15 races.
Club Kit / Colours
Club vests should be worn by all U11, U13 and U15 competitors.
U9 are encouraged to wear club vests, although they are permitted to run in tops which are club colours instead.
Where a competitor has forgotten or does not have a vest then they can borrow from within the club/other competitors. If this is not possible it is up to the race referee on the day to decide if they are allowed to compete.
As well as individual prizes at the end of the season based on athlete’s finishing positions, there will be a team competition with the first 4 in each club contributing to a team’s score (first 3 in U15 categories).
The best 3 scores of either an individual or team over the season will count towards the final results.
Fleet & Croockham athletes should register using the X-Country League Registration form.