Fleet and Crookham AC are pleased to be taking part in the Wessex League for 2019, our 6th year.
This league is open to Girls and Boys in U11, U13, U15 & U17 categories.
Further details on the Wessex league are available at Wessex Young Athletes Track and Field League
• League Information – Includes League Rules & Constitution.
• Fixtures – look for “Fleet” – or see 2019 dates below.
• Events Timetable – On the day timetable of events. Aim to be there 40mins before your event.
2019 DATES and locations
April 7th @ Swindon hosted by Swindon, Quad kids group TBC
June 30th @Oxford hosted by Oxford, Quad kids group TBC
July 7th @ Andover hosted by Andover, Quad kids group TBC
August 3rd @ Aldershot hosted by AFD,Quad kids group TBC
Some noteworthy rules for athletes, coaches and team manager:
• Every competing club to submit officials declaration sheet to host club one week prior to match. This allows host club to react if there is going to be a short fall in officials. FAILURE TO SUBMT THIS SHEET WILL RESULT IN CLUB NOT BEING ABLE TO COMPETE ON THE DAY.
• Every competing club to ensure that no athlete is allowed to compete in any event unless they have been competently coached in the event and be fully acquainted with all the rules and safety aspects of the event. Team managers to endorse this rule on every team declaration.
Age group depends on how old the competitor will be on the 31st of August in the competition year:
• U11: Athletes must be in school years 4 & 5 and under eleven by August 31st of the competition year.
• U13: aged 11 or 12 on the 31st August in the competition year.
• U15: aged 13 or 14 on the 31st August in the competition year.
• U17: aged 15 or 16 on the 31st August in the competition year.
• U20: aged 17, 18 or 19 on the 31st August in the competition year.
Under 11 restrictions
Athletes must be in school years 4 & 5 and under eleven by August 31st of the competition year. They compete in a Quad Kids competition, which is four events: sprint 75m, long jump, vortex throw and middle-distance 600m. The allowed maximum entry is for 10 boys and 10 girls from each club.
Adults – we need your help
As a club we must provide officials and volunteers to help on each match day. Tasks that we need help with include measuring, raking and retrieving. We are also in desperate need of officials to help judge and record each event.
If you are able to help please do volunteer. These events cannot take place without your help!
To register for Wessex League with Fleet & Crookham Athletics Club please complete the online registration form:
• You may either submit a form for each match day, or select multiple days.
• Select from the list the three events that the athlete is eligible for (not applicable for U11).
• Use the Events Timetable to ideally choose events that don’t clash – though this is often difficult.
• FCAC wessex league online Registration form [Ed, needs creating for 2020]