About Fleet and Crookham AC
It’s not about winning, it’s about taking part, finding new friends and feeling good. We welcome new members interested in all running and other athletic disciplines, of all standards, from fun runner to county level.
We welcome all new members. You just need to be interested in any aspect of the sport. This may mean you want to run a few miles (or just a few hundred metres) with a group of like-minded people. You may have taken part in athletics or cross-country at school or in years gone by and wish to recapture that feeling of fitness.
We know, from bitter experience, that it can be hard work to regain fitness or to move on to the next level of competition: training with others is a positive step because friends help you build towards your goal – whatever it is. Competition within the Club is positive – we encourage all our members to compete in local events, at their own level. By taking part in races or athletic meetings you learn so much about yourself and gain confidence.
We accept new members from the age of 8 for our Junior Section and provide coaching three times a week all year round. Adults are welcomed to all of our sessions (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Sunday morning) and groups of club members also arrange additional sessions to suit their own needs, time availability and particular interests.
Latest News and Information
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2023/2024 Match 1 Results October 18, 2023
- Seniors Winter Handicap Race #1 & #2 Results October 8, 2023
- Seniors’ Summer Handicap 2023 Final Scores August 27, 2023
- Wessex League results 25th June 2023 July 9, 2023
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Match 3 Results February 7, 2023
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Season Summary November 29, 2022
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Match 2 Results November 29, 2022
Club Calendar (and what’s coming up…)
- 2Hampshire Cross-Country League – Venue TBA12:00 am - 12:00 amSee www.hampshireathletics.org.uk/events/hxcl.html for details of the league rules and fixtures. , ...
- 5Seniors’ Training – 300m Reps.6:30 pm - 7:30 pmTraffic-free Session: 300m efforts 2 mins. recovery along quiet path on Zebon Copse adjacent to woods between Silvester Way & Brandon Road. Please meet at Church Crookham Community Centre at 6:30pm or Start point at 6:45 /// tone.vibrating.bills , ...
- 6Seniors’ Track Training6:40 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at the Aldershot track at 6:45pm for a session led by Tom. , ...
- 7Seniors’ Training – Out and Back7:00 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver for a 25 minute out and 25 minute back session designed to test your pacing skills. , ...
- 12Tuesday Morning Hill Training10:00 am - 11:00 amStevyn will lead a hill session starting promptly at 10:00am from Peter Driver. , ...Seniors’ Training – Pinegrove Pyramids6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver for a session start at 6:30. Session comprises pyramid loops starting at the junction of Pinegrove and Gravel Road. , ...
- 13Seniors’ Track Training6:40 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at the Aldershot track at 6:45pm for a session led by Tom. , ...
- 14Seniors’ Winter Handicap Race #37:00 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet outside the Church Crookham Community Centre at 7:00pm for registration. The clock will start shortly after. Head / chest lamps are advised as some of the pavements are uneven in places. Handicap times are based on previous handicaps or recent 10k times. , ...
- 17Southern Cross-Country League – Lord Wandsworth College, Long Sutton11:00 am - 1:00 pmSee www.southerncrosscountryleague.co.uk for details of the league rules and fixtures. , ...