About Fleet and Crookham AC
It’s not about winning, it’s about taking part, finding new friends and feeling good. We welcome new members interested in all running and other athletic disciplines, of all standards, from fun runner to county level.
We welcome all new members. You just need to be interested in any aspect of the sport. This may mean you want to run a few miles (or just a few hundred metres) with a group of like-minded people. You may have taken part in athletics or cross-country at school or in years gone by and wish to recapture that feeling of fitness.
We know, from bitter experience, that it can be hard work to regain fitness or to move on to the next level of competition: training with others is a positive step because friends help you build towards your goal – whatever it is. Competition within the Club is positive – we encourage all our members to compete in local events, at their own level. By taking part in races or athletic meetings you learn so much about yourself and gain confidence.
We accept new members from the age of 8 for our Junior Section and provide coaching three times a week all year round. Adults are welcomed to all of our sessions (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Sunday morning) and groups of club members also arrange additional sessions to suit their own needs, time availability and particular interests.
Latest News and Information
- Seniors’ Summer Handicap 2023 Final Scores August 27, 2023
- Wessex League results 25th June 2023 July 9, 2023
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Match 3 Results February 7, 2023
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Season Summary November 29, 2022
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Match 2 Results November 29, 2022
- Destination Basingstoke League – 2022/2023 Match 1 Results November 7, 2022
- Seniors’ Winter handicap Results – March Update October 21, 2022
Club Calendar (and what’s coming up…)
- 5Tuesday Morning Hills10:00 am - 11:00 amPlease meet at Peter Driver for a prompt session start at 10:00am led by Mike. , ...Seniors’ Training – Long Valley Pyramids6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver at 6:30pm for a session led by Bob. It’s the last chance for an off-road pyramid session in Long Valley before we return to evening road running. , ...
- 6Seniors’ Track Training6:45 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at the Aldershot track at 6:45pm for a session led by Tom. , ...
- 7Seniors’ Training – Summer 20 mins. out 20 mins. back6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver for a session warmup run to start at 6:30pm or meet at the usual start venue (SW corner of Velmead Common) at 6:40pm. Session is ideal for all abilities as it’s based on time not distance and perfect for practising steady pacing. , ...
- 9Edenbrook parkrun Takeover8:00 am - 10:00 amThe club will be taking over the marshalling etc. for the Edenbrook parkrun on this date. Club members are being asked to volunteer to support this event by contacting Catriona R, who is coordinating the takeover. , ...
- 12Tuesday Morning Hills10:00 am - 11:00 amPlease meet at Peter Driver for a prompt session start at10:00am led by Mike. , ...Seniors’ Training – meet at Crookham Park Grass Track6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Crookham Park at 6:30pm for a warmup followed by a timed interval session. If the light fails before 7:30pm we will complete the session with a warm down around the local roads. Session is led by Bob. , ...
- 13Seniors’ Track Training6:45 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at the Aldershot track at 6:45pm for a warmup followed by a session led by Tom. , ...
- 14Seniors’ Training – Group Run6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver at 6:30pm for a group run starting off-road but depending on light will finish on road. We hope to split into different pace groups. , ...
- 19Tuesday Morning Hills – TBC10:00 am - 11:00 amPlease meet promptly at Peter Driver at 10am for a hill session led by TBC. , ...Seniors’ Training – SANGS Hill Reps.6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at the grass track on Crookham Park at 6:30pm for a warmup & drills followed by SANGS hill reps. If light fails we will finish on the road. Session led by Bob. , ...
- 20Seniors’ Track Training6:45 pm - 8:00 pmPlease meet at the Aldershot 400m track at 6:45pm for a warmup followed by a session led by Tom. , ...
- 21Seniors’ Training – New Winter Handicap Route Recce – Cancelled6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet in the Church Crookham Community Hall car park on Crookham Park at 6:30pm for a recce of the new winter handicap route (5 miles). This event has been cancelled due to lack of runners signing up. , ...
- 26Tuesday Morning Hills10:00 am - 11:00 amPlease meet at Peter Driver for a session start at 10:00am led by Mike. , ...Seniors’ Training – Pine Grove Loops6:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet at Peter Driver for a session start at 6:30pm or at the venue at 6:40pm. There’s a choice of loop distance all starting from the junction of Pine Grove & Gravel Road. , ...
- 27Junior Quad Kids & Awards – No Seniors Track Training6:45 pm - 8:15 pmNo Seniors Session – Junior Quad Kids and Awards Night – Seniors welcome to come along , ...
- 28New Winter Handicap Route Recce #26:30 pm - 7:30 pmPlease meet by the car park outside the Church Crookham Community Centre on Crookham Park, which is near the grass track. It’s a social group run starting at 6:30pm. We are trialling the new route in preparation for our move to Crookham Park. , ...